Amy Merlo Drongowski
- Master of Arts in Communication, Majors: Public Relations, Organizational Communication - Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, 2007
- Master of Science, Organizational Development and Human Resources, Major: Organizational Development - Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan - 2003
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Major: Management; Minor: Japanese - 1998
- Senior Professional in Human Resources - Human Resource Certification Institute Certification awarded 2004
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Publications or Presentations:
- “Job Interview Tips and Tricks” delivered at the 4th Annual Eastern Michigan University College of Business Alumni Conference, Ypsilanti, MI September 2016
- “From Effective Follower to Dynamic Leader: Honing your Leadership Skills” delivered at the 2nd Annual Eastern Michigan University College of Business Alumni Conference, Ypsilanti, MI September 2014
- “Establishing Credibility in an Online Classroom” delivered at the 102nd Annual Eastern Communication Association Conference, Arlington, VA, April 2011
Why did you enter the teaching profession?
To help students be better prepared for jobs and to make a positive impact in the community.
What do you like most about your field?
You can be a manager in ANY industry!
I love running 5ks and 10ks and only do so for fun. I am not interested in running further because it won't be fun anymore. I love traveling... some of my favorite places are Santa Rosa, CA, Asheville, NC, Marquette, MI, Traverse City, MI and am very excited to go to Universal Studios in 2018! I love Harry Potter. I love all kinds of music. My favorite band is the Foo Fighters. I live northwest of Detroit, MI and travel 208 miles to Terra and back when I am here.