- Bachelor of Science in Education, Major: Spanish, Minor: Psychology - The Ohio State University
- La Universidad de las Americas, Major: Spanish, Minor: Psychology
- Master of Arts in Education, Major: Special Education - The University of Findlay
- Permanent Education of the Handicapped License - State of Ohio Department of Education,
- Transition to Work Endorsement
- Vocational Special Education Coordinator Endorsement
- Phi Sigma Sigma Sorority/Theta Omicron Chapter, Honorary Member, The University of Toledo
- Ohio Association for Career & Technical Education
- Ohio Agricultural Education Honorary Chapter FFA Degree, Sentinel FFA Chapter
Publications or Presentations:
- Contributor to Ohio's Employability Skills Project
- Contributor to Take Another Look, Part II, Resource for Secondary Education Teachers
- Editor The VOSE Voice Ohio Association of Vocational Special Education Coordinators
- Author Ohio Partners in Character Education Grant
Why did you enter the teaching profession?
I am a first generation college student in my family. My first goal was to go to college. My next goals were to graduate and become a teacher. I chose education because it was a natural success for me. I loved school, and I loved to teach the students.
What do you like most about your field?
I have taught at every level of the educational ladder, from elementary school through the university, including adult education as well as Sunday School. The biggest joy for me is to attend graduation ceremonies and witness students receiving their earned diplomas. I am so proud to know each student and to have had a positive, encouraging influence in their educational journey.
My travels include Mexico, Europe including Spain and the Balearic Islands, and South America. My favorite books are Don Quijote by Miguel de Cervantes and Barbara by Major Clinton. I am an avid Ohio State Buckeyes fan.