- Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design - UW-Stout
- Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning - UW-Stout
- Quality Matters Peer Reviewer and Facilitator
- Developmental Education/Adult Learning Certificate - Kellogg Institute, Appalachian State University
- D., Adult Education, GTF M.A.L.A. - Methodist Theological School in Ohio
- M.Div., McCormick, Chicago M.P.S. - Loyola University-Chicago
- Robert Pace Piano Teaching Certification - Penn State University
- Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, Major: Music - Lock Haven University
- National Association for Developmental Education - Research Committee Chair
- Ohio Association for Developmental Education
- Association for Talent Development
Publications or Presentations:
- "Mentoring and Supporting New Instructional Designers" Co-Presentation with Christine Melland at Distance Teaching and Learning Conference
- "Blended, Online or Face-to-Face? Assuring Non-traditional Learner Success", Distance Teaching and Learning Conference
- "Blended Learning and Service Learning: Challenges, Solutions, and Lessons Learned" Quality Matters Ohio Consortium Meeting
- "Helping Your Adjuncts Reach Their Star Potential" and "Professional Development Resources: A Mosaic of Opportunities" Co-Presentations with Patti Eney, NADE
- "Telling the Story: Communicating Local History in Contemporary Culture Through First Person Narrative" at OADE, NISOD, and ALHFAM
Why did you enter the teaching profession?
I have always wanted to teach. I enjoy learning and sharing what I learn. I also believe we learn from others. Lifelong learner! I originally taught K-12 and now I'm in higher education.
What do you like most about your field?
The diversity of students that take arts, humanities, and philosophy classes.
Enjoy technology, reading, and community theater.