- Bachelor of Arts in English - John Carroll University
- Master of Arts in English Literature - John Carroll University
- Distance Education Certificate - Kent State University
- Instructor Certificate - Indiana University
- National Association of African American Studies (NAAAS)
Publications or Presentations:
- Cross Cultural Visions in African American Literature: West Meets East. "Wordsworth Nature Poetry, Ashanti Culture, and Richard Wright's Haiku" 2011
- "Exploring Alice Moore Dunbar-Nelson as a 'Romantic Scholar.'" NAAAS National Conference presentation, 2006
- "Richard Wright's Haiku and Black Power: A Record of Reactions in the Land of Pathos." NAAAS National Conference presentation, 2009
- MLA National Conference presentation. "Wordsworth Nature Poetry, Ashanti Culture, and Richard Wright's Haiku." MLA National Conference presentation 2005
Why did you enter the teaching profession?
To study English and American Literature.
What do you like most about your field?
The students and colleagues I work with.