Terra State’s Celebration Of The Arts Slated
Fremont, Ohio, February 6, 2019 – Terra State Community College will host the Celebration of the Arts which will exhibit entries April 1 – 7 at the Fremont campus. A literature reading and musical performance will take place Thursday, April 4 at 7:00 p.m. in Terra State’s Recital Hall. Community members are invited to enter their own works of visual arts and creative writing. The Celebration of the Arts will be a juried show with submissions needing to meet standards set by Terra State’s art faculty for acceptance. Submission guidelines are:
Deadline for submissions: March 15, 2019
- Submissions of poetry, short stories and short essays under 1200 words are welcome.
- Participants may submit up to three poems, one short story or one essay for consideration.
- Content must be appropriate for a family event.
- Photos must be matted and not framed.
- Participants have two size options: 5x7 image on an 8x10 matte, or 8x10 image on an 11x14 matte.
- Photos must be original, and content must be appropriate for a family event.
- Photos can be black and white or color.
- Participants may submit up to six photos for consideration.
Fine Arts (other)
Submissions of any visual art, including painting, pottery, sculpture, woodworking, or any other craft are invited. Regarding the logistics of how participants would like to display their piece will be discussed on a case-by-case basis. Please submit a photograph of the piece to display, as well as any pertinent information.
How to submit: Please send submissions as email attachments to email@example.com. For creative writing, please attach a Word document, or copy/paste the submission in the body of the email. For visual arts, please upload a photo. Submissions will be reviewed after the deadline closes.
Terra State’s Celebration of the Arts will coincide with the 2nd Annual Midwest Rhythm Summit, April 5th through the 7th, when world-class musicians will convene at Terra State for a weekend of workshops, demos and concerts. More information can be found at midwestrhythmsummit.org.