Midwest Rhythm Summit Returning To Terra State
Fremont, Ohio, February 13, 2019 - The Midwest Rhythm Summit is returning to Terra State Community College, April 5 – 7, on the College’s Fremont campus. The three-day event is the creation of Terra State Director of Music, Mike Czeczele and Bass Gear Magazine Editor in Chief, Tom Bowlus. The summit will offer attendees many different educational experiences in the form of master classes and clinics given by some of the most popular artists and professionals in the music industry today. There will also be two evening concerts.
“The Summit will feature great learning opportunities for both musicians and non-musicians,” says Czeczele. “This year we have created a special focus on Friday for high school students that is of no cost to them. Our Saturday night concert will be headlined by Altitudes + Attitude, the collaboration of Frank Bello of Anthrax and Dave Ellefson of Megadeath. You can’t miss that!” Some of the presenting clinicians include:
- Chuck Rainey, a bass player who has recorded and toured with Steely Dan, the Jackson 5, Aretha Franklin, and many more, as well as played on over 20 gold albums, and John Anthony Martinez, drummer, who has recorded and performed with Faith Hill, Tonya Tucker, Kacey Musgraves and the Oak Ridge Boys have created a bass and drum duo called Rhythm Intensive. They will present several clinics over the three days on all aspects of rhythm and succeeding in the music industry.
- Kazuma Jinnouchi – composer of the audio for “halo” 4 and 5 video games, will discuss the methods used in creating audio for games.
- Frank Bello - bassist for the groundbreaking heavy metal band Anthrax and David Ellefson of Megadeth will be performing in their duo, Altitudes and Attitudes. They have just release a new CD and will be performing songs from it.
- Liberty DeVitto – Long-time drummer for Billy Joel.
- Christine Ohlman – Known as the Beehive Queen, long-time vocalist for the Saturday Night Live Band.
- Oskar Cartaya – Prolific bassist who has performed with Spyro Gyra, Herb Alpert, Jennifer Lopez, Ruben Blades, Tito Puente and Robbie Robertson.
- Sean Beeson – Composer, Producer and Pianist for video games, films, television and media.
- Sessions Panel – Expert musicians from all over the world will be featured Saturday on a 7 member panel to interact with attendees. Super Drummer Thomas Lang, Dom Famularo considered the Global Ambassador of drumming, plus other music and business professionals will be on the panel. A meet and greet will follow this session including book and cd signing.
The nightly concerts scheduled are:
Friday, April 5
Fremont’s own Stranger Than Fiction (Both event sponsors perform in this band.)
Doug Johns Band
Saturday, April 6
The Chuck Rainey and John Anthony Martinez Duo
My World featuring John Montalbano and Chris Munger
Altitudes + Attitudes
Admission to the Midwest Rhythm Summit is very affordable. Prices are:
Non-Students – Pre-sale $15/day or $30/three day; Day of event $20/day or $40/three day
High school and college students admitted free with valid ID, registration required
Students and Non-Students – Pre-sale $15; Day of event $20
Summit Package (Best Value) for non-students
All concerts and clinics – Pre-sale only $50
The Summit will also feature an Exhibitor Area that is free to anyone. “Exhibitors will be able to record professional quality demos in Terra State’s music studio for a fee,” Czeczele says. “It’s great to be able to bring this experience to Fremont and offer it free to students. To do this, we rely completely on funding from sponsors, exhibitors, and registrants,” said Czeczele. To register, purchase tickets, become an exhibitor, sponsor or learn more, visit the Midwest Rhythm Summit website.
“The Summit is an opportunity for attendees to meet and talk with performing artists, music educators, sound technicians and recording producers. The goal is always to give an educational experience to anyone who is interested in a career in music,” Czeczele says.