Terra State takes measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19
At the recommendation of State of Ohio Governor Mike DeWine to Ohio’s colleges and universities, Terra State Community College is taking decisive, proactive steps to minimize our risk to the growing threat of COVID-19. Effective immediately, Terra State is initiating the following steps:
- Spring break is extended one week. On Monday, March 23, 2020, on-campus courses will resume online (a.k.a. distance learning) only. Do not report to campus. Faculty members will contact each class via official Terra State email to inform students of the online learning delivery option. Students are directed to monitor their Terra State email accounts for further information.
- Students enrolled in laboratory courses will be contacted by their faculty members regarding scheduling of and access to laboratory facilities.
- Students enrolled in courses meeting at off-campus locations, such as high schools, career centers, Fostoria Learning Center, employers’ facilities, and similar locations, will resume as regularly scheduled the week of March 16. These courses will continue to meet in existing format (including in person) so long as the host site conducts regular business. Should a host site need to change business operations, each situation and group of students will be addressed individually.
- Students residing in The Landings at Terra Village have the option of returning to campus the week of Monday, March 23.
- Any person who has traveled within the past two weeks overseas or on any cruise ship must be screened and cleared by an approved healthcare provider prior to returning to campus.
- Everyone is encouraged to follow Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and protocols to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose and/or after coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Always wash your hands with soap and water if they are visibly dirty
Future official notices and updates will be emailed and posted on Terra.edu/COVID19. Every employee and student is asked to please check email regularly. Notifications of official updates will be shared via social media and other means.