Get a jump-start on your future at Terra State! Students today have great opportunities to earn college credit while still in high school, at no additional costs to them and their family.
College Credit Plus (CCP) allows students in grades 7 – 12 to earn college credit, while also completing Terra State courses that count towards their high school graduation requirements and potentially complete an associate degree as well.
Why should I take my classes at Terra State?
- Accessible: Our course options are designed to match students’ and families’ busy lifestyles. CCP student can take classes at Terra State while also continuing to be involved in extracurriculars at their high school.
- Successful: CCP students have a 95% success rate when taking courses while in high school
- Transferable: Our credits transfer easily to four-year colleges and universities in Ohio and elsewhere
- Pathways: Pathways are available to help students choose the courses that will get them closer to their degree or certificate.
Terra State CCP Students can gain College Credit in Three Ways:
- Terra State courses taught at our campus and/or online by our faculty
- Terra State courses taught at their high school by our faculty
- Terra State courses taught at their high school by high school teachers
Updated Enrollment Process for CCP Students
Mandates for new College Credit Plus Students as of October 1, 2021
All new students participating in the College Credit Plus program are required to submit a permission slip and mature content questionnaire to the college. The subject matter of a course enrolled in under the College Credit Plus program may include mature subject matter or materials, including those of graphic, explicit, violent, or sexual nature, that will not be modified based upon College Credit Plus enrollee participation regardless of where course instruction occurs. Please submit both completed forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students for the 2021-2022 school year are deemed CCP eligible if they have a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher. These policy changes were made by the State of Ohio due to COVID-19.
*Students may need to take placement testing to meet prerequisites for course placement.
Students entering grades 7-9, or those without a high school GPA, must complete placement testing to determine CCP eligibility. To schedule a remote test, contact the Academic Service Center at 419.559.2139.
Enrollment Process for new students:
- Complete online application.
- Submit Terra State School Consent form, along with unofficial high school transcript to email@example.com.
- Once you have received a confirmation email your documents have been received, contact CCP Admissions at 419.559.2349 to schedule an advising appointment.
Returning CCP students:
- All students need to submit a School Consent form annually, along with unofficial
high school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule an advising appointment by calling CCP Admissions at 419.559.2349.
Deadlines for CCP paperwork may change due to these events. Please know we are working with our school partners to ensure this does not impact your ability to participate in CCP for the 2021-2022 school year. Be sure to communicate with your school counselor, turn in the Letter of Intent to participate and complete your School Consent Form. The School Consent Form MUST be signed by the student, parent and school counselor.
I am a…
Terra State CCP AdmissionsRoy Klay Hall, A100