Office of Financial Aid
Financial aid is money to help pay for college and includes grants, work-study, loans, and scholarships. Here at Terra State our goal is to help you navigate your way through the regulations and help you find the best options for you to pay for your education.
What is Financial Aid?
Financial Aid is funding that is available exclusively to students taking classes in higher education. This funding is to help a student meet his/her college expenses. The amount of financial aid that a student receives is determined through federal, state and institutional guidelines.
Steps to Apply
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa.
- You are required to create a FSA ID when completing the FAFSA. The FSA ID gives access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and will serve as your legal signature. If you're a dependent student, your parent information will be required on the FAFSA and your parent will create a FSA ID with a different email address and phone number.
- Make sure you send FAFSA information to Terra State by including the Terra State School Code Number 008278.
- For more details, refer to the Financial Aid Check List to guide you through the financial aid process.
How long does it take to process?
This varies on the type of financial aid.
- FAFSA: For an electronically filed FAFSA signed online with an FSA ID, you’ll receive a link to your Student Aid Report (SAR) in as little as 3 to 5 days. However, paper FAFSA applications can take up to 3 weeks. So, how long it takes really depends on how you applied.
- Loans: It may take up several weeks for you to receive the money from a federal student loan. First, you must complete the FAFSA.
What else do I need to know?
The checklist below will help you get started in obtaining the funding you need to finance your education.
Need more help?
Terra State has several Financial Aid representatives that are here to make the process easy!
|Monday - Thursday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||Campus Closed; Virtual Only|
|Saturday & Sunday||Closed|
Financial Aid Office
Roy Klay Hall, A100