Terra State has partnered with the Great Lakes Community Action Partnership (GLCAP) to provide free tuition for career technical training through the Job Corps Scholars Program.
Job Corps Scholars recipients will receive career coaching, up to $6,000 in tuition scholarships, student support services, Job Corps Scholars uniforms, paid work experiences, limited housing assistance and food vouchers for any student who has food insecurities.
80 Student Scholarships Available
- Must be a newly enrolled student
- Must be a U.S. Citizen/Legal Resident/Deferred Action Status
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 24 on date of enrollment
- Must meet low income guidelines
- Must have barriers to education and employment
- Must have registered for selective service
- Must have education and training needs
- Must be able to work in a group setting
- Must not have disqualifying convictions
- Must have parental consent if they are a minor
- Adv. Manufacturing (IACAM)
- All Automotive (Power Tech.) Programs
- Basic law
- Industrial Maintenance
- Integrated Manufacturing
- Interactive Media
- Introductory Electricity
- Management and General Business
- Management Intermediate Business
- Manufacturing Foundation
- Marine service tech
- Medical Coding
- Medical Scribe
- Networking Tech.
- Office Admin.
- Personal Computer Tech.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Precision Machining CNC
- Power and Controls
This scholarship has shown me the correct way to carry through with school for a better life."~ Steven Richardson, Interactive Media Student
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Complete a free application for admission to Terra State before April 15, 2021.
- Complete the free Terra College Foundation Scholarship application before April 15, 2021.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15, 2021.
- Enroll full time for fall and spring consecutively over five semesters (6 credits minimum if you select to attend an optional summer semester).
Interested? Contact Us
Questions, comments, or if you are just looking for more information - please don't hesitate to reach out to our office.
|Monday & Thursday||8 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Tuesday & Wednesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Saturday||varied, please call|
Roy Klay Hall, A100