Our for-credit options are programs you can earn college credit for at Terra State.
Terra State has partnered with the Great Lakes Community Action Partnership (GLCAP) to provide free tuition for career technical training through the Job Corps Scholars Program.
Job Corps Scholars recipients will receive career coaching, up to $6,000 in tuition scholarships, student support services, Job Corps Scholars uniforms, paid work experiences, limited housing assistance and food vouchers for any student who has food insecurities.
80 student scholarships available in over 140 programs
Our non-credit options are certification-based courses ran through the Kern Center that help you advance in your career. Most certificates can even be taken online!
This scholarship has shown me the correct way to carry through with school for a better life."~ Steven Richardson, Interactive Media Student
- Must be a newly enrolled student
- Must be a U.S. Citizen/Legal Resident/Deferred Action Status
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 24 on date of enrollment
- Must meet low income guidelines
- Must have barriers to education and employment
- Must have registered for selective service
- Must have education and training needs
- Must be able to work in a group setting
- Must not have disqualifying convictions
- Must have parental consent if they are a minor
Contact us to register or with any questions
Lucille PhillipsFor-credit OptionsGeneral Technologies Building, B105
The Kern CenterNon-credit OptionsGeneral Technologies Building, B104
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The U.S. Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.