Scholarships can be a great way to help pay for your education. They require some
action on your part, usually an application or some other requirement, but are well
worth the effort!
Scholarships range in amounts and how they are awarded, some are based on academic merit, others on financial need, and some have different stipulations that are spelled out in the scholarship application.
It had an incredibly positive effect on me. The scholarship helped me financially which took a huge weight off my shoulders.”
~ Kyleigh Lash“
Terra College Foundation Scholarships
The Terra College Foundation helps donors invest in student success by managing a variety of scholarships. Hundreds of donors support these funds each year and amounts typically range from $500 - $1,000. The best part is that one scholarship application works for all Terra College Foundation scholarships!
Other reputable scholarships
There are many additional scholarships available beyond Terra State. Many students have successfully competed for these dollars. Outside scholarships are great, but some non-reputable ones are scams; as a general rule, you should never have to pay to apply for a scholarship.
Below is a basic list of reputable scholarships (not exhaustive):
- Niche scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society scholarship
- SR Education Group scholarship
- Sallie Mae first in family scholarship
- RISE scholarship for students with disabilities
- The American Legion scholarship
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Jeannette Rankin Women's Scholarship fund (for women over 35)
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- American Association for Women in Community Colleges scholarship