Scholarships can be a great way to help pay for your education. They require some
action on your part, usually an application or some other requirement, but are well
worth the effort!
Scholarships range in amounts and how they are awarded, some are based on academic merit, others on financial need, and some have different stipulations that are spelled out in the scholarship application.
My grandfather taught me the benefits of hard work and putting your all into something that will benefit the community and make the world a better place. I feel like creating a scholarship like this is a step in that direction.”
~ Klay Huddleston“
Terra State offers scholarship options through the Terra College Foundation, our Workforce Demand Scholarship and Short-Term Certificate scholarships.
New this year, students can now apply for the Roy W. Klay Scholars Program, the College’s first full academic scholarship, through the Terra College Foundation. This scholarship will support two tuition and general fees scholarships for one nontraditional and one traditional student at Terra State. This award was established by Mr. Klay Huddleston, grandson of founding President Emeritus Roy W. Klay, and his family.
Other reputable scholarships
There are many additional scholarships available beyond Terra State. Many students have successfully competed for these dollars. Outside scholarships are great, but some non-reputable ones are scams; as a general rule, you should never have to pay to apply for a scholarship.
Below is a basic list of reputable scholarships (not exhaustive):
- Niche scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society scholarship
- SR Education Group scholarship
- Sallie Mae first in family scholarship
- RISE scholarship for students with disabilities
- The American Legion scholarship
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Jeannette Rankin Women's Scholarship fund (for women over 35)
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- American Association for Women in Community Colleges scholarship
- Chairish Scholarship Program
- Zonta Club of Findlay
- William F. Gandert Memorial Scholarship
- Meyers Memorial Scholarship