Residency Requirements for In-State Tuition
The following persons are classified as Ohio residents for subsidy and tuition surcharge purposes:
- A dependent student with at least one parent or guardian who has been an Ohio resident for twelve consecutive months or more before the student’s enrollment.
- A person who has been an Ohio resident for twelve consecutive months or more before enrollment and who has not received, in those twelve months, financial support from non-Ohio residents or entities.
- A dependent child of a parent or guardian, or the spouse of a person who, on the first day of enrollment, has accepted full-time employment and established a home in Ohio for reasons other than the benefit of favorable tuition rates.
- Any Ohio high school graduate who has left the state but has returned to Ohio to pursue their post-secondary education and therefore qualifies for in-state tuition.
- Other classifications for residency may be applicable. Questions regarding residency requirements should be directed to the College Registrar.
U.S. citizens and resident immigrant aliens who were originally classified as non-Ohio residents may petition for a change of residency status after residing in Ohio for at least a 12-month period. Students should file a request in writing to the College Registrar. Additional documentation may be requested.